Pregnancy is one of the most important, most thrilling period in a woman’s life. The nine months bring various changes in the woman ranging from weight fluctuation, skin changes, varicose veins and definitely hair related aspects.
As the science reveals, our hair has cycles. 90% of our hair grows simultaneously at one time while the other 10% rests. Cool right? Every 3 to 4 months, the resting hair fall out naturally, making way for new hair strands for freshness.
Nonetheless, in pregnancy, since the hormonal rates are excessive, women witness thicker, shinier hair like never before as our hair don’t fall out.
However, if the mothers to be feel they are losing their hair during pregnancy, it could point towards many critical reasons. The reasons are explained as follows:
- Improper Diet
- Hormonal Changes
- Emotional Instability
- Vitamin Deficiency
- Residential Climate/ weather
Suggested Post: Provillus Hair ReGrowth
An Insufficient Diet
Pregnant women have completely different dynamics compared to ordinary women.
An iron deficiency in the body can cause hair loss. Since the excess of anything is also harmful, if you are consuming more vitamins than prescribed, such as the retinol form of vitamin A, you can also face severe hair loss.
Simply consume fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, dairy products and never let your body run out of fuel for yourself or the baby!
Sudden hormonal changes can definitely cause problems such as skin rashes, acne, hair fall issues, mood swings and what not.
During pregnancy, 5% of the women face telogen effluvium (severe hair shedding) simply because of hormonal imbalance.
It is alright if you are having hair issues for a month, hang in there and brace pregnancy like a wonder woman. If you are worried, consult your doctor.
Pregnancy definitely brings mood swings with it. Ask the experienced mothers! If you are feeling stressed and worried about something, you will surely face hair fall issues. Stress can cause many changes in our body ranging from weight loss, acne, wrinkles, over thinking, dark circles, etc. If you think you fit the category of an emotionally challenged person, relax and let loose! After all, you are going to be a mother soon, plan ahead instead of sobbing!
Must Read: How Provillus works
Many illnesses point towards hair loss problems. Imagine this as the body’s mechanism to letting you know that something isn’t working right.
While these are the common reasons for hair loss during pregnancy, the fact is that these are not all.
Every person is different and so are the problems. Maybe the area you live in, has polluted air and the chemical ratio results in hair loss for you!
Maybe you reside in a country with a humid climate and maybe whenever you cook, you sweat buckets. Sweating can cause the hair to go brittle, eventually resulting in hair loss. Like stated earlier, the causes can be many.
The more common time periods of hair loss is post pregnancy, also known as the postpartum stage.
Since the hormonal balance is at a higher rate during pregnancy, as soon as it starts becoming normal (back to the original) after birth, the mothers witness hair loss.
All good things must come to an end, and likely so, the luscious hair does too!
A simpler explanation regarding hair loss is, while all the hormones are coming back to normal; tucking the tummies in, taking away the varicose veins and other problems, our hair comes back to its original shape as well.
Don’t worry mummies! As soon as your baby is old enough to wear clips and hair bands in her own hair, you will have your luscious hair back by then too.
Pregnancy problems go away and never last for more than a few months. If you stress over it, it might linger on more than you imagine!
See Also: Provillus Ingredients and Side Effects
What can You do about the Hair Loss?
Since hair loss post pregnancy is inevitable, there are very less factors you can alter and make your hair loss as less as possible. While you can simply opt for the hair to run their natural course, by making extra efforts, you might be able to save your precious locks for a longer period of time!
Here is what you need to know:
- Hair Wash
- Post bath Hair
- Hair Care Products
- Oil and Massage
Mommies to be, enjoy these tips and make the most of them! Good luck all.